SCHMIDT FUTURES: Application Deadline
- Application Deadline: 1 October 2020
Schmidt Futures is now accepting applications from graduating seniors or recent college graduates for our fall 2021 cohort of Associate Product Managers (APMs). APMs are an entrepreneurial group of technologists who are motivated to change the world. The program brings together talented young leaders with technical training in computer science and other fields that are central to solving the world’s most pressing problems.
- APMs will receive personalized leadership training, deepen their technical skills, participate in APM class trips around the world, engage with leaders across fields, and be mentored by a network of distinguished figures in technology.
- APMs will emerge from the program ready to manage technical teams, start businesses, take on leadership positions in companies and other organizations, and become social and policy entrepreneurs.
- The APM program entails a two-year, full-time commitment, during which APMs will be based in New York, with travel to Silicon Valley and other geographies as needed.
As an APM you will get to:
- Lead a core project or core project workstream that leverages science and technology to make traction on a major societal challenge.
- Discover interesting and potentially impactful scientific, academic, and industrial work related to your project.
- Establish and monitor metrics to track progress against the challenge.
- Work with other Schmidt Futures team members to identify and advance other projects and people where Schmidt Futures can have a transformational impact using advanced computing techniques.
- Help form partnerships and coalitions and oversee the development of platforms and tools by third parties.
Please note that not all requirements must be met in order to be considered for this position, as we are committed to looking holistically at applicants to build the strongest cohort.
- Demonstrated abilities in driving successful outcomes in highly ambiguous situations.
- Experience approaching challenges with grit and determination.
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to listen, build relationships, and draw out expertise and support from colleagues, advisors and partners.
- Curious and persistent, loves to learn new things, and is always digging deeper to find the best solution.
- Commitment to principles and values that advance society and shared passion for the mission of Schmidt Futures: to find exceptional people and help them do more for others.
- Engineering degree in Computer Science (or equivalent level of training and expertise) at the BS, MS, or Ph.D. level, and expected graduation no later than spring 2021.
- Some knowledge of Artificial Intelligence preferably with hands-on experience in applying technology to solve problems in non-Computer Science fields.
We strongly encourage people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities and international candidates.
Schmidt Futures is a philanthropic initiative, founded by Eric and Wendy Schmidt, that bets early on exceptional people who will make our world better . As a venture facility for public benefit, we help people do more for others by imagining what’s possible, applying advanced science and computing thoughtfully, and working together in net works across fields.
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org