SCHMIDT FUTURES: Associate Product Manager Program
- Application Deadline: 1 Sept 2021 - 5:00 pm
Schmidt Futures is a philanthropic initiative founded by Eric and Wendy Schmidt that bets early on exceptional people making the world better. The Associate Product Manager Program is a unique opportunity for graduating seniors and early-career technologists to use their technical skills to address the most pressing social challenges.
"This opportunity is a chance for young minds to work on impactful solutions for the betterment of society, and to grow and be mentored in the process. The key to solving any problem is getting the right people to work on it—and the APM program does just that."
- Eric Schmidt, Co-Founder of Schmidt Futures
Schmidt Futures bets early on exceptional people making the world better. Our Associate Product Manager program cultivates and trains a group of exceptional young leaders with degrees in computer science, engineering, or similar fields to apply their technical talents toward social impact.
APMs are entrepreneurial technologists eager to change the world. Over the course of two years, they rotate among a range of projects, operating with ownership and autonomy while learning from senior leaders at Schmidt Futures and partner organizations.
Throughout the program, APMs will:
- Build products that leverage technology to further Schmidt Futures’ goals and benefit society
- Participate in and contribute to the APM program community, including leadership training and mentoring from distinguished leaders, immersion trips to learn about unique challenges in different markets, and collaborations across organizations and industries
- Implement Schmidt Futures’ organizational and programmatic initiatives, in collaboration withteammates who have expertise ranging from policy and international relations to data science and education
APMs graduate the program ready to manage teams, start businesses, lead organizations, and
become social and policy entrepreneurs.
The APM program is open to graduating seniors or recent college graduates. It is full-time and based in New York, with the opportunity for travel as needed.
You must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (with graduation expected by June 2022) or an equivalent level of training and expertise.
- A demonstrated ability or interest in applying science and technology to solve social problems.
- Be based at the Schmidt Futures offices in New York and travel within the U.S. and internationally regularly as needed following company policy and permitting circumstances
SCHMIDT FUTURES - Learn more about the Program, Meet past APMs, and Apply today
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com